- Exodus 18:1-20:23
- Matthew 4:25-5:20
- Matthew 17:5-9
- Mark 9:6-9
- Mark 10:17-27
- Luke 9:34-37
- Luke 18:18-27
- Titus 1:5-9
- Hebrews 12:18-29
- Revelation 19:6-16
- Revelation 21:1-11
More Reading on Parsha Yitro
Related Video Teachings
- Proverbs 15:22 and Identifying Good Counsel – Proverbs 15:22 says that success depends on good counsel, but how do you know who to lean on? Proverbs 14:33 has something to say about that.
- Parents Just Don’t Understand! – Why did Solomon have so much to say about parenting and marriage? Because he had so much experience! Age and experience gives perspective, knowledge, and wisdom. Pay attention to your elders. They’re not completely ignorant.
- Shavuot: Be Still and Hear the Voice of God – Most of us are comfortable praying for healing or a new job–sometimes even a reasonable parking space–but we’re comfortable with these prayers because if we don’t get what we ask for, then maybe it just wasn’t God’s will. It gets a little dicier when we start asking God open ended questions, like “What do I do now?” in a really difficult personal situation. When we do send a prayer like that, we might read the Bible and meditate, but how seriously do we expect God to answer?
- Proverbs 22:1 and Choosing a Good Name – A “good name” doesn’t have anything to do with what’s printed on your birth certificate. You can choose a good name by behaving in ways that enhance your reputation as a representative of YHVH, and thereby honoring HIS name too.
- Amos 3:7-8 Which Prophet Said God Would Change the Sabbath? – God told Israel to remember numerous events from the past, but there’s only one specific commandment to REMEMBER to do something in the future: “Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.” The weekly Sabbath is at the very heart of his relationship with his people. If God gives his prophets advanced warning of every really significant thing he’s going to do, don’t you think he would have said something about canceling the Sabbath?
- Honoring Your Parents (even the bad ones). Proverbs 2 – The Book of Proverbs says to heed the advice of your parents. The 5th commandment says to honor them for a long life. How does listening to your parents improve your life? What if you have terrible, cruel parents?
- The Wisdom of Our Fathers, Proverbs 4:1-4 – Wisdom endures through foolish generations and, if you listen to her, so will you.
- Ensuring Your Legacy by Honoring Your Parents, Proverbs 11:29 – There is a recurring theme in Scripture of first born sons being replaced by their younger brothers because they did not honor their parents. You can protect your legacy by ensuring the legacy of your parents.
- Social Justice vs God’s Justice – Universities, entertainers, and HR departments relentlessly push the ideas of social justice. There are daily riots and political demonstrations in favor of social justice. Black Lives Matter riots, gay pride parades, women’s rights marches…. Everyone is talking about justice, but does anyone know what it is? Proverbs 28:4-5 tells how anyone can fully comprehend justice.
Everything that Yeshua (aka Jesus) & the Apostles taught
Come with me as I draw out the connections that are so often missed